5TH GHANA INTERNATIONAL TRADE & FINANCE CONFERENCE
International Trade and Finance Conference – GITFiC is comparatively defined from the above write up ie; Facilitating Trade in AfCFTA; The Role of the Financial Services Sector.
The sub-theme is: Creating an enabling Macroeconomic Environment for AfCFTA; The Role of the Central Banks in Africa.
Points for Panel Discussion
– Cross Country Payment Systems
– Currency Convertibility aside the US Dollar, may be a Single Currency for Payment
– Monetary Policy/ Price Levels
– Fiscal Budgetary Discipline
– Interest rates and it’s attendant movement of Capital and possibly Money Laundering
– Financial Stability/ Vulnerability in member Country and possibly spill over.
– Financial Sector Regulations and Reforms
– Cost of Borrowing/ Cost of Credit
– Insurance Practitioners & Insurance Companies
– Savings & Loans Companies
– Micro-Finance Institutions
– Finance Houses
– Leasing Companies
– Finance & Leasing Companies
– Mortgage Finance Companies
– Representative Offices in Ghana
– Remittance Companies
– Financial NGOs
– Forex Bureau Companies
– Rural and Community Banks
– Micro Credit & Loans Schemes
– Accountants & Accounting Firms
– Chief Finance Officers
– Finance Directors& Finance Officers
– Trade Finance Firms
– Multimodal Logistic Firms
– Legal Firms & Legal Practitioners
The 5th GITFiC will strictly be by invitation. The 5th GITFiC will spend some appreciable time to celebrate Ghana’s Financial Architects ie the Economic Management Team under the Presidency of H.E Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo; the President of t he Republic of Ghana with focus on the Central Bank Governor; Dr. Ernest Kwamina Yedu Addison.
Date: 27th of July 2021
Venue: Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City – ACCRA
Time: 10am Prompt
Accra, was declared the COMMERCIAL CAPITAL OF AFRICA at the 4th GITFiC by H.E Nana Akufo-Addo who was ably represented by the Senior Minister of the Republic of Ghana; Hon. Ing. Yaw Osafo-Maafo. Hon. Ing. Yaw Osafo-Maafo was aided by the Mayor of Accra, Association of Ghana Industry and Captains of Industry on the 27th of October 2020 at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra. The declaration was a spectacle and very impactful.
As charged by the Senior Minister, GITFiC heeded to the call to champion the AfCFTA to other parts of the country. In February this year, 2021; we teamed by MMDCEs across the country and reached out to the entire Business Communities in a Regional-Clustered format with five top Panelist which included; Mr. Anthony Nyame-Baafi (Senior Technical Advisor) to the Trade and Industry Ministry, Supt. Simon Asare, Head of International Relations in charge of the AfCFTA, Mr. Kwame Oppong, Director of FINTECH and Innovation at the Bank of Ghana, Mr. Bernard Manu Afreh, Senior Technical Officer at the Ghana International Trade Commission, Mr. Tsonam Cleanse Akpeloo, AGI Greater Accra Chairman.
A total team of 13 have since 5th February up until April 29th 2021 have criss-crossed the country to educate, inform expose the advantages of the AfCFTA to a large proportion of the Business Communities.
The 5th Ghana International Trade & Finance will be HOSTED Mr. Prince Moses Ofori-Atta – General Manager, Asaase Radio (A-List and Bi-Lingua Moderator).
The Master of Ceremony will be Mr. Kweku Temeng, the Head of Business Desk; EIB Network owners of GHOne TV, Starr FM and its affiliate nationwide.